Sunday, January 13, 2013

"One of the deepest yearnings of the human soul"

Well, I have really gotten into blogging and this morning I was listening to this talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I realized that I really enjoy creating in many different ways, and I would like to share that with people. So, I created this blog post to share my ideas on creation as well as my creations themselves.


 In the talk, President Uchtdorf quotes president Brigham Young speaking on creation. This is what Brigham Young said:

“There is a great work for the Saints to do. Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations. In the mean time continually seek to adorn your minds with all the graces of the Spirit of Christ.”

I would encourage everyone to watch this video(even though it is specified for women, it can be helpful for everyone), and think about ways that you like to create. The Lord made us all different for a reason, so that some can create using math equations, some can create music, some create smiles on the faces of others with their humor, some even create a love of learning in others as they share their intelect(I know I have been influenced by my roommate Rachel's love of learning).  As we all come together creating in our own individual ways, we "improve the world around [us]" and "the world within [us]." -President Uchtdorf

I am going to share the ways I like to create with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment